Sunday, 17 January 2010

An Obstacle Course

I am at my dads house. There has just been a downpour of rain. I can see more grey clouds, we are waiting for a second downpour. There is no fence again, just concrete posts, the garden looks lush.

I am running through an underground tunnel, it looks wet, it is dark, could be a sewage system. I think E. is there. We have a woman who seems to be in charge. She is tall and slim with cropped hair. We thought someone was our friend but they betrayed us. There is also an older man, he has grey hair, reminds me of a news reader. We are on some sort of course and there is a selection process going on.

E. and me are playing with some small rubber balls. He is trying to throw his behind him and catch it by reaching his arms through his legs. I say it’s easier to do Vic to --- (throwing the ball then catching it through my legs) than ---- to Vic (the opposite way round). (Vic represents my front and a name I can’t remember represents my rear).

We climb up a ladder. I see a small room, there are girls in there dancing. I think of the Russian girl form BB. One girl catches my eye. She has dark bobbed hair and is wearing a black dress. She is foreign, (she reminds me of my old housemate Melanie although she looks nothing like her - Melanie was German). She begins acting very strange, I think she must be drunk. There are other foreign students here. I think E. is still here

We are above ground now. We see two foreign students, both male. The students are lazy and don’t want to work. They are running off. Whatever it is we want them to do, they say they will do it later. I wonder why they aren’t more worried about what their teachers back home will think, and why they keep sending them here.

I am standing on a piece of land, it looks like part of the estate of an stately home. The presenter of Grand designs is there and another man I don’t think I like very much. He is talking a lot but doesn’t really know what he’s talking about, he is wearing shabby clothes, looks like he could be the outdoors sort. He saying
what we should do, something very extreme and different. The TV presenter is leaning on the pitch fork. He wants something in keeping with the local landscape. We are waiting for some others before we start work.

We are in a council house. There is a young woman, she has blonde straight hair. There are two young children playing on the kitchen floor. Two rats are running around the floor also. I’m worried they might attack the children but they don’t, the children don’t seem to mind. There is a large hole in the wall where they got in. The council has been round to patch up the wall but they didn’t do a very good job. I tell her she must go back to the council, that they have a legal obligation to fix the hole, that she can’t possibly share her house with rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment