Sunday, 17 January 2010

A Trip Out With My New Housemates

I am in a house. I am sitting in the lounge. There is very little furniture. The wall paper looks old style Laura Ashley, small floral prints. I am sitting on a sofa (the only furniture in the room) with an American (my old house mate in Cambridge). We are getting along quite well (we didn’t when she was my housemate). She looks younger and slimmer than she was. I want to ask her where in America she is from but I’m afraid I won’t know where that is (I don’t know much about geography). I think we are looking at a book.

Joanna smith comes in, she is wearing a long straight black skirt and a sleeveless grey top - office gear. I think Joanna is responsible for this American girl. The American girl starts having a go at Jo for putting her name down on the rota to do something she doesn’t want to. Eventually Jo gets her to calm down and sits her at a table facing the wall in the dinning room (next to the lounge, there is a wide archway between the rooms). Jo is talking to me, I’m surprised, for some reason I’m afraid she might not like me. There are other girls in the kitchen - I don’t think I get on with them. She asks me what the American girl has been like. I say she’s been okay. Then she goes into the kitchen. The American girl puts her head round the corner and asks me a question. I go round and she shows me what she is doing. It is a drawing of a wood, it is a pencil drawing, I think it is good. It is A4, but part of it goes onto another page. It is a landscape of trees and water. I think she wants to know what I can see. Within the trees I can see faces. (Trees represent friends).

I take a look at the room I am going to have. It is empty except for two pieces of large furniture. It is a strange shape. Like to squares overlapping on one corner (a bit like Jenny’s spare room). There is a table, I think she must have got it from the seaside. It is wood but is papered over. I think it’s blue with stars. I check the draws but they are empty. There is also a tall thin set of draws painted white. They are empty too. In the corner is a narrow staircase leading to more rooms. I know I’m not meant to go up them. I can hear other girls up there, I think Melanie might be there.

I think I’m on a coach. It is decorated like the house. Adele Greensall is there. She leaves a large pile of clothes on her seat. When she comes back they are creased and she is going mental at us. I yell back at her. I tell all she’s got to do is run a hot bath and hang the dresses over it.

I am in a small square room with a little boy. I don’t know how I got there. WE have been locked in here. We have nowhere to pee and we are both desperate to go. The boy pees in the corner, and I let him sleep in a hole behind a vent just off the floor. He wants to know how I’m going to pee. I turn my back to the wall and lift up my skirt. I watch it run across the floor. I am wearing wellingtons which is good, but I don’t know how long I can keep standing up before I fall asleep.

I am at a fairground. I am walking around on my own. I can see groups of girls all having fun. I keep thinking I’m going to bump into this girl who doesn’t like me. I don’t like being there and am trying to find a way out. I can see the car park and our coach parked there. There are so many rides, which are enormous, then there are restricted areas. Across the grass I can see a small fairground. I can see a large black dome. There are men inside wearing jumpsuits, they are working at machinery. I say excuse me and walk through hoping they don’t mind.

I am in a car but for some reason I can’t turn it around. I get out of the car park and am on the road but the car is the wrong way round and I am driving backwards. I try turning it around again and scrape the side of the coach. The coach is sinister it is red and I can’t see any windows in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment