I am at a very old university/school. There are beautiful old stone buildings around me. I am walking through the corridors. There are lots of children about. I am surprised to see Tina Turner in the distance. She is dressed very smartly in a grey knee length dress with a thick black belt.
Later I am standing in a chapel near the alter next to an organ. Next to me is a younger girl, she has dark straight hair tied back. We are singing a duet. I am nervous because I haven’t sung in a long time and she is a good singer. Also I feel like stranger here, I think it is the first time I’ve been here. I’m singing alto she’s singing soprano. It is going okay until the end when I sing the last note which should be hers as it’s a high note. I feel really bad, I didn’t mean to I just wasn’t concentrating. The congregation (we have a fair sized audience) seem more upset than she does, she gives me a half cross, a half you naughty thing look.
The congregation are leaving and we are standing in line (the singers - there was also a choir although they didn’t join in with our song). A man with grey hair is walking up and down the line, I think he is in charge. I don’t like him. He creates a bad atmosphere. We’re all a bit afraid of him. People leave but I stay behind for a bit.
Saturday, 23 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment