I am by the sea. The weather is gloomy. The waves on the sea are huge. The sea bed dips sharply by the coast and the sea is very deep. I think I am beach combing. There are a couple of boxes I find, they have my cosmetics in them?
At some point I am in a multi-storey car park. It’s night. I think I have already parked. I am walking out of the car park.
Next I am at my Dad’s house. I am getting married to Pa., there is a wedding on at the church before ours, I’m really nervous, plus I’ve managed to get some food down me. I’m wearing jeans underneath my dress?! My dress is creamy white, like a very pale gold. We are all waiting to leave at my Dads house. There are lots of guests there. Steve, Dad’s friend is there.
I am nervous because I also have to give a speech. My old film studies tutor Judy is there. She hands me a script. It is all very last minute, I have not done much practising. I also have to sing. It’s not a very difficult part though. There are other people there also who are singing other parts. At one point we are all sitting round a rectangular table (like the tables they have at school). I think this is where I spill food on myself.
My Dad looks very happy. He tells me I’m just nervous because of all the waiting and hanging around. A lady comes out and tells us we have to go outside and wait there for five minutes before leaving for the church.
Outside I go and stand on the steps of our neighbour Keith’s house. He isn’t there anymore, I am going to live there.
At one point during the dream I think it’s Ch. I’m going to marry (my sister’s husband!). I look at my hand, I have no rings on (I have a phobia about jewellery). I imagine the priest as an old friendly man, I don’t need to worry about I’m saying, I just have to repeat what he says.
In my image of Pa. he has lost weight and is looking good. But it’s a frozen image, as if he’s standing in a photograph. It is an idealised image. When I thought of Ch. He was unshaven, and I think his hair was a bit greasy. Maybe this dream is telling me I have an idealised image of Pa.. That I’m in love with an idea rather than a real person. He did turn out to be a bit fickle, and too easily influenced by other people’s opinion, I think because he enjoys the attention they give him.
Monday, 4 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment