Thursday, 4 February 2010

A New Room, A New Job

I am in a house. I think it might be my dad’s house. There are many large bedrooms. One is occupied by an elderly couple. I don’t like the old man much. He is very grumpy and difficult. They have been watching a film, it wasn’t a horror film but it was bit scary. Although they only watched the film, when they are telling me about they look as if they were actually in it. They are climbing this giant construction, it is metal and it is only a frame, they are in harnesses. The construction hangs out over water. It moves from time to time. They have got to the top of it, but now there is nowhere to go, I think I join them at this point. At the top we can see the construction is nailed to a piece of wood. I don’t understand where we are supposed to go next.

While they are telling me this story I am sitting on the floor stroking a cat. It looks like my old bedroom in Hints. The cat squeals and I look down and see it has scratches on it’s face and body, it looks as if it has been fighting. It looks like a baby version of Blackadder, my dad’s cat.

The old couple have vacated their room. It is very large, the curtains are drawn. It looks as if someone has been inside and tidied it up. I’m happy that I will be able to take this room now.

First though I have work to do. I am back in accountancy. There are several of us starting at the same time. It feels like most of the people who were there before have gone and we are there to clear up the mess. I see one guy standing in front of a huge stack of papers. He smiles at me and seems quite friendly. I am still training though. The job is closely associated with where I am staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment