There is a dolphin on my bed. It isn’t very well. I have wrapped it in my quilt and I am rubbing water into it’s skin. I can feel it getting colder. My landlord is in the other room doing some ironing. He is having an argument with his wife. I manage to persuade him to get help for the dolphin. Two men turn up, they are wearing shorts and waterproof jackets. They look like they work with water animals. They dolphin perks up immediately they arrive. One of the men starts giving the dolphin an examination. He is squeezing the dolphins rear, to see if it as a urinal problem, he says ‘I hop it doesn’t pee on me’. At one point the dolphin appears to be standing up by the side of the bed watching the men examine it. It looks like a little boy (reminds me of Matthew). He is smiling at me. He is also a bit stripy and reminds me of my neighbour’s cat (who also peed on my bed).
There is a woman who comes into my room. She is quite tall with dark hair, she reminds me of the woman behind the desk at chief rentals. She has her arms folded and looks cross, maybe this is who my landlord is arguing with. She doesn’t look cross with me. I think she has a job for me.
I am outdoors, it is quite light and the grass is green. We are by the coast, I can see the sea, the land is very hilly. I see some paths, I manage to line two up in a straight line. It leads directly to a church/temple building which is on top of an outcrop of rock just off from the main land. I think they must have been part of the same path at one point. I think my landlord has followed me out here. I point out the path to him. This cross woman is here as well. I think this place is part of a park or some sort of leisure facility. I think this might be where the dolphin came from.
Back inside. They have taken the dolphin away. Now the room looks like my old bedroom at Hints. My chest feels itchy, I look down and see a squashed beetle. I brush it off and it stings my finger. I’m surprised as it looked dead and I didn’t think it would be able to bit me. I now have this very sore spot on my chest. I squeeze it to see if anything will come out, but it grows into this long tubular looking wart. (It looks like this thing I saw in my wildlife magazine that worms make on the beach). I go to show the woman and this other guy. She seems a bit annoyed, she doesn’t want to have to do anything about it. As I’m showing them it starts to disappear and sinks inside me. (This reminds me of a story a girl on my old creative writing course wrote about a woman who had a worm that lived inside her thigh - I keep having thoughts about monster worms who come to you at night in your sleep, creatures who used to live down wells, that knights in shining armour had to kill, I think they’re also associated with ley lines).
There is a toilet leaking. Me and this other girl are trying to mop it up but it keeps as we are mopping more water appears. (This girl reminds me of Adele, and when we went to India and it was our job to mop the kitchen at night). I go to find someone to tell about the leak. I come back and start helping my friend mop. She has been stuffing towels in the toilet to soak up the water, I show her it is still refilling. I find a small switch inside that can turn off the water but it keeps coming unstuck. A black arrives, she doesn’t believe us that the toilet is leaking, even though it is right in front of her. I take her hand and try to get her to feel the water on the floor. At first she won’t unclench her hand, then I get to her to lay it flat and holding her wrist swish it about in the water.
I am in a car with some people. I think the same characters that have appeared in this dream before. I want to buy a present for a woman. We pull into a garage. The tall man behind the counter isn’t being very helpful. I go behind the counter to have a look at what he has got. He asks me if I want an after eight egg. I bite into one. It is dark chocolate and on the inside a creamy white fondant. I tell the man I will buy it. It makes me think of opposites; black and white, good and evil. Also eggs are a symbol of the universe. I wonder if I got if for this black woman. I think she didn’t believe us about the leak simply because she was in a bad mood with me, so I other words she pretended she didn’t think it was leaking, because this makes our job harder.
Wednesday, 3 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment