I have gone on holiday. I am staying with a couple, there is also a group of young people I am with. They have a boat. I am walking along some decking with the husband, as I walk past the boat starts to drift off, it is not moored. I grab hold of it and bring it back. I start asking him questions about sailing. He tells me to look up at the sky while I’m walking. This makes me feel very dizzy, I think this is what it must be like to feel sea sick.
There is a girl I like in the group, she is blonde and tanned and younger than me. I think she likes me. I’m happy being with these girls. This place reminds me a bit of Weymouth. I am on the boat with some of the girls. Me and this blonde girl are walking ahead of the others. Just before we’re about to get off the boat she stops me and says she wants to talk. She says she likes me. I say I like her too, neither of us are sure about whether we want to act on it. I say I’m not sure about a relationship with her and I don’t sleep with people unless I’m in a relationship. Privately I’m not sure she’s even single (or that I am). She agrees it might best not to take it any further, she says she just wanted to tell me.
Her friend catches up with us, she has dark hair. They are talking about going somewhere to get something to eat. The dark haired girl tells her friend she knows a place where they sell fish (it looks a bit like a chip shop). The blonde girl isn’t too keen on fish though. She is doing something on her phone. While they carry on chatting I check her phone. She has the internet on it. She uses a very girly search engine, it has a pink wallpaper. I see my website in the search results. I point it out to her and she shows me a different search and my website comes up loads of times.
They get off the boat and I am on my own. I go into the kitchen. I am looking for something. I hear a squeak and think there must be a mousse under the units. I start looking for it. I find some rubbish on the floor, it looks like fast food wrapping and cardboard. I see a scorpion amongst it. I am afraid I will get stung. There are two cylindrical steel bins, one is bigger than the other. The big one looks like the one my Nan has. I somehow get out of the kitchen by sitting on these bins. I walk along to the bedroom. The boat is laid out just like my first flat. I’m still afraid to go to bed though in case the scorpion comes out of the kitchen and crawls into my bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment