Sunday, 24 January 2010

My Mum Comes Back

Dreamt about Mum. At the beginning of the dream I arrive at this big building, there are works going on inside (bit like in the second dream). There is a robber or someone bad, dressed in black creeping about. I am trying to hide from him.

It turns out to be my parents house. I am asleep in a bedroom upstairs. It is a plain room. There are two single beds in the room, with white sheets. The furniture looks a bit seventies. It looks like a B&B room.

I can hear my Mum and Dad having an argument in the kitchen across the hall, which seems strange - having a kitchen upstairs rather than downstairs.

When I wake up my Mum is sitting up in the other bed. She doesn’t have lymphedema anymore. There is a doctor by her bed, he is explaining about her lungs, explaining how she might still have a long time. I tell her about this book I’ve been reading (The Power Is In You). And how it talks about cancer. I say it is only about two pages long and will she read it.

I hear my brother E. and my Dad having an argument in another room. My Mum gets up and leaves.

I get up a bit later. I go out onto the landing. There are some cards on the banister. I think they are condolence cards. One is addressed to W.B. my Granddad. (I think this might be their house at Bakers Lane).

I am downstairs in the front room. It looks like my parents house again. My Dad and my sisters are there, I am sitting on the sofa. My Mum comes in, in a purpley-red nightgown. She seem to be walking quite well, her legs look a bit worse. At first she sits down next to me on the sofa. Then she stands up and walks towards the armchair by the window. The others are saying she is trying to do too much. She falls over by the chair and my dad has to pick her up and put her in it.

My Dad and E. have been out somewhere. They come back. I am asleep again but in a different room. My Dad comes in to wake me up. He says Mum is at the hospital, that my aunt and uncle and cousin are already there. I tell him I have just seen Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment