I am in a shop, there are queues on both sides. I go I and hand a piece of paper to a woman and join the queue on the right. It doesn’t look like a normal shop. It looks like a very large kitchen and there are workmen busy installing it still. I am worrying that I haven’t told them everything I should have on my form, or that I won’t qualify, I think I have applied for a benefit. The women look like the women at CAB. After a while someone comes out and tells me that a chopping board is still being fitted into the worktop. He’s quite tall, this man, and he has grey hair, jeans a work belt. I think he is in charge. It looks like all the people waiting are women.
I am in a car with another woman. She has dark straight shoulder length hair. It is night and we are driving through an inner city, one way system. We are listening to a piece of music. It has a really catchy tune, we keep repeating the same eight notes over and over, it goes dum, dum-dum, dum, dum, dum-dum, dum. We are nodding our heads in time. I think we are waiting or queuing to get in somewhere, we are going round a round about that looks B’ham, near Broad Street. She is driving, although I am sitting on the right side of the car, the wheel is on the left. I have dropped a piece of paper on the floor of the car by my feet.
Now I am walking through the centre of this city, it is daylight. I have a plastic carrier bag of shopping with me. It looks more like London than B’ham. It is very busy, lots of people. I see my sister L. on a camel coming towards me. We ignore each other although the camel seems interested in my shopping.
Sunday, 24 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment