Thursday, 11 February 2010

Going On Holiday

I am driving. I haven’t driven in a long time. I am having a debate with a girl about which car I should use. There is a silver people carrier, the sensible choice and then there is a sporty car, which is the car she wants. At different times I want to call this girl Ellie or Emma. Although she looks more like Ellie (a girl I used to work with who got married and now lives in Spain). She has a brother, he is quite small, he is wearing a black woollen coat and a scarf, it isn’t winter though, or it doesn’t look it. Ellie is working, I don’t think I am. Her brother seems to have a good job, he looks a bit like a university student. I have to pick them both up or he’s meeting us somewhere. Maybe we’re going on holiday. It makes me think of the film, back to the future. At one point me and Ellie are somewhere, that is just black, it doesn’t look like a real place, and we are suddenly shifted forwards together. A bit like being on a roller coaster at the top of the ride, in darkness.

There is a wedding going on. I think it’s strange that her father has so much influence over her and yet he is so far away. They don’t seem to have much family around. I am wearing my beige chunky scarf, Ellie is wearing a suit all in black. There is another woman watching us, I think she from an agency, she is keeping an eye on me and Ellie to watch how we do. We stop at a petrol garage, at one point I think we’re on a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment