Monday, 25 January 2010

No One's Listening

Inside the house I am telling my family that I don’t want to come for Christmas. My Dad won’t take me seriously. He is patronising me and saying of course I will. I am stomping around in a white T-shirt (I have just got out of bed) trying to show them I’m angry and that they should take me seriously. My Dad tells me I have to start behaving (social etiquette and duty are more important to my dad than personal feelings). My Mum is there but she isn’t saying anything. My Dad is saying that I am just saying these things so I can get to see a psychiatrist. I am getting more upset because no one is listening to me.

We are in a shoe shop. My Dad is buying my brother C. some shoes. I think he is getting us all some shoes. These shoes my brother is trying on look like school shoes, they don’t look very grown up, they are black leather, and they have a luminous green catch on the front instead of laces. My Dad is telling my brother he has to be careful about what he says later. They still think I’m going.

No comments:

Post a Comment