Monday, 25 January 2010

Shady Dealings

Me and my sis L. are standing by the side of a house about to enter the back garden. I see a bird on a bush. It’s feathers are green and yellow and shiny. It has a polka dot pattern on it’s chest (my sister loved polka dots when she was a teenager). It is singing, I point it out to her but she says she can’t see it. It hops, closer, then it comes closer still and lands on my arm. She sees it then, but gives it a ‘death’ stare and it literally drops dead. I see the bush it was sitting in move, as if there is an animal inside it something is thrown out of the bush toward me. I catch it. It is prickly - I see it is a baby hedgehog. It is dead though. I check it over to see what happened. I look into one of it’s eyes, which is cloudy. I think it must have been blind. I spot a tiny round pellet just above its eye and I think this must have killed it.

In the back garden there are some fir trees which we go and stand under. She is holding this shopping list, and having a go at me about it. But she thinks it is a speech, she says I can’t go round saying these things. She keeps looking behind her. I think she has bought me here so no one will hear her have a go at me. She wants to tell me what I should say. She is telling me also that I have to go to this thing I don’t want to, that I have to do what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment